Appointment & Corona Virus Update – Dr. Cyndi Yag-Howard
At Yag-Howard Dermatology and Aesthetic Center our patients come first. So I wanted to let you know what we are doing to prioritize your health and safety. Due to current restrictions we are seeing only urgent and surgical patients in our office and offering telehealth visits for all other patients.
During this pandemic, we have instituted the following in-office procedures:
1. Re-scheduling patients if they:
have fever, cough, cold or flu symptoms; are feeling unwell; traveled out of the country in the past two weeks; traveled from a high-risk area in the past two weeks; or believe they have been exposed to the Corona Virus (COVID-19)
2. Offering Teledermatology appointments, which are ideal for lesions, rashes, follow-up evaluations, and medication refills. If you would wish to be seen for a teledermatology visit, please follow these easy instructions:
a. Call 239-529-DERM (3376) or email
b. Write “TELEDERMATOLOGY” in the subject line.
c. Write YOUR NAME and YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER in the body of the email.
d. Our staff will email you within one business day, giving you a day, time, and link for your teledermatology video visit. A few minutes before your appointment time, click on the link, enter your name, click “Check In” and allow access to your camera.
e. You are then checked in to our virtual ‘waiting room’ and either Dr. Cyndi or Traci are notified.
f. Within a few minutes, Dr. Cyndi or Traci will open your two-way video chat. Once your visit is over, you both end the video chat. That’s it – it’s just that easy.
3. Asking patients in the waiting room to maintain safe distance from each other.
4. Continuing to wipe down all exam-rooms with anti-viral wipes after each patient.
5. Wearing gloves at all times at the front desk and removing gloves between each patient in the clinic.
6. Offering single-use pens for sign-in and any other signatures needed.
7. Wiping down all door handles with anti-viral wipes multiples times throughout each day.
8. Offering a “wait-in-your-car” option. Any patient wishing to avoid the waiting room can wait in their car and we will text you when your Exam Room is ready to walk into – just call from your car to let us know you are here, you can complete paperwork in your car, then when your Exam Room is ready, we’ll text you and you can walk right in.
In these difficult times, our purpose remains the same. Yag-Howard Dermatology and Aesthetic Center is committed to delivering the very best care in the very best environment to all our patients. Thank you for your continued loyalty and for your patience with these precautions. I wish you and your family health, safety and strength as we meet this challenge together. We will post all updates to our website at Yag-Howard COVID-19 Updates and on our Facebook page (Yag-Howard Dermatology Center).
Dr. Cyndi Yag-Howard and my entire Staff
Again, please call us at 239-529-DERM (3376) for any questions, listen to the prompts to leave a message or be connected to me.