Thank you for visiting Yag-Howard Dermatology and Aesthetic Center. Due to governmental restrictions placed on medical practices, we are currently allowed to treat only urgent and emergent medical conditions in our office. However, we are pleased to offer teledermatology visits, which are live video visits between you and either Dr. Yag-Howard or our PA, Traci Long. These teledermatology visits require that you have access to a smartphone, iPad or computer that has a built-in camera and microphone.
If you would like to be seen for a teledermatology visit, please follow these instructions:
1. Call 239-529-DERM (3376) or email Office@yhderm.com
2. Our staff will email you within one business day, giving you a day, time, and link for your teledermatology video visit.
3. A few minutes before your appointment time, click on the link, enter your name, click “Check In” and allow access to your camera.
4. You are then checked in to our virtual ‘waiting room’ and either Dr. Cyndi or Traci are notified.
5. Within a few minutes, Dr. Cyndi or Traci will open your two-way video chat. Once your visit is over, you both end the video chat. That’s it – it’s just that easy.
For updates, please visit our website, yhderm.com, or our Facebook page, Yag-Howard Dermatology Center.
We appreciate you and wish you health and happiness always!
Appointment & Corona Virus Update – Dr. Cyndi Yag-Howard
At Yag-Howard Dermatology and Aesthetic Center our patients come first. So I wanted to let you know what we are doing to prioritize your health and safety. We are continuing to see patients while taking all recommended precautions.
I’ve listed below some of the ways your care may look a bit different, but please feel free to call if you have any questions or concerns. Our office number is 239-529-DERM (3376).
During this pandemic, we have instituted the following:
Emailing and calling all patients with appointments to ask that they re-schedule if they:
have fever, cough, cold or flu symptoms; are feeling unwell; traveled out of the country in the past two weeks; traveled from a high-risk area in the past two weeks; or believe they have been exposed to the Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. Re-scheduling patients presenting to the office with cough, fever, or
2. Asking patients in the waiting room to maintain safe distance from each other.
Unlike many offices, we are not a “high-volume” practice with a full waiting room.
1. Continuing to wipe down all exam-rooms with anti-viral wipes after each patient.
2. Wearing gloves at all times at the front desk and removing gloves between each patient in the clinic.
3. Offering single-use pens for sign-in and any other signatures needed.
4. Wiping down all door handles with anti-viral wipes multiples times throughout each day.
5. Offering a “wait-in-your-car” option. Any patient wishing to avoid the waiting room can wait in their car and we will text you when your Exam Room is ready to walk into – just call from your car to let us know you are here, you can complete paperwork in your car, then when your Exam Room is ready, we’ll text you and you can walk right in.
6. Offering Telehealth appointments. Telehealth appointments (instructions attached) are ideal for patients with rashes, irritated skin, or moles they are unsure about (i.e., a biopsy is not needed).
7. Cover Your Cough: see the attached flyer from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) – a quick reminder of how we can all work to stop the spread of germs and viruses.
8. COVID Testing Process 03-15-2020: see the attached Screening and Testing Tool flyer from the Florida Department of Health. It provides information on who should be screened and where you can go for COVID (Corona Virus) screening.
In these difficult times, our purpose remains the same. Yag-Howard Dermatology and Aesthetic Center is committed to delivering the very best care in the very best environment to all our patients. Thank you for your continued loyalty and for your patience with these precautions. I wish you and your family health, safety and strength as we meet this challenge together.
Dr. Cyndi Yag-Howard and my entire Staff
Again, please call us at 239-529-DERM (3376) for any questions, listen to the prompts to leave a message or be connected to me.